Terms and Conditions
Information about us
urbanvignettes.org is a website (the Website) operated by Urban Vignettes which is an independent initiative run by a group of postgraduate students/professionals. The term “Urban Vignettes” or “we” or “us” refers to the owner of this Website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our Website.
Accessing our site
- The content of the Website is for your general information and use only. We retain editorial control and the information contained therein is subject to change without notice.
- Everything on the Website is provided “AS IS”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties as to the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or suitability of the information on the Website, and the implied warranties of fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
- In no event will we be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any viewer or contributor’s access to and use of the Website.
- Your use of any information on the Website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
- Every effort is made to keep the Website up and running smoothly. However, Urban Vignettes takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the Website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the creators of the Website must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
- All trademarks reproduced in the Website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the Website.
Copyright to images and other forms of audio-visual material
- Copyright in images and other forms of audio-visual material (such as, but not limited to, video clips and sketches) remains with the original copyright holder (normally the respective contributor or the editors of Urban Vignettes). Urban Vignettes supports the Artists Bill of Rights to protect the rights of creators of photographs and other audio-visual art work.
- However, contributors accept that any audio-visual material (usually photographic images) submitted may be used by Urban Vignettes for any purpose, including but not limited to, the Website, a book, magazine or publication, public posters and social media events promoting Urban Vignettes, and allow viewers to view their images on the Website on a computer screen or a mobile device, and to store such pages in electronic form on a disk or mobile device for personal, non-commercial use only.
- Contributors are permitted to add a watermark to the visual material (normally photographs) originally created by them in the format specified in the submission guidelines and terms to identify them as their own work.
Linking to the Website
- You may link to the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Website, or if you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com
Your use of the Website and any dispute arising out of such use of the Website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Thank you for visiting!